Working with Hospitality Ulster, the Guinness Raising the Bar programme is offering a free contact tracing app to 1,000 hospitality venues including pubs, hotels and licensed restaurants across Northern Ireland.
The Covid Venues App manages and simplifies contact tracing for venues in line with government guidelines and in a way that is GDPR secure. The web app operates primarily through the use of QR codes and takes under 30 seconds for a customer to register their attendance at avenue. All data is stored for 21 days in a secure database before being automatically deleted.
Colin Neill, Chief Executive, Hospitality Ulster said:
“After such a stressful and uncertain year, the industry is now getting ready as we move closer to reopening.”
“The Covid Venues App, funded by the Guinness Raising the Bar programme, is an essential part of that reopening phase and we warmly welcome Diageo making this free to use for a year for 1,000 hospitality businesses.”
“This is a very simple and straightforward process for hospitality business owners to sign up to and works all devices by providing verification and tracing in a fast and simple manner that is GDPR secure.”
“Once again the hospitality sector stepping up to make sure that everyone in the industry is playing their part in creating a covid secure environment for people to start to get back out and socialise, grab a pint and have their dinner after months and months of being confined to home.”
Mark Mulholland, On Trade Sales Manager, Diageo Northern Ireland added:
“Diageo is delighted to be able to fund the provision of the Covid Venues App in Northern Ireland through the Guinness Raising the Bar programme. It’s really quick to get your venue registered and we hope that it makes re-opening just a little bit easier in the weeks ahead knowing that all customer details are being securely collected in line with the Test, Trace, Protect contact tracing programme.”
The app is free for 12 months from initial sign up. Venues can sign up quickly and easily:
- Eligible premises – public houses, hotels and licensed restaurants in Northern Ireland
- Make sure your venue is signed up for the Guinness Raising the Bar support campaign, sign up at www.mydiageo.com
- Then go to https://diageo.oqlist.co.uk/intro to register your venue on Covid Venues App
- Your venue’s bespoke QR code package will be created and posted out to you first class
- Place QR codes on tables/entrances for customers to scan and register their attendance
The Guinness Raising the Bar fund has been available since June 2020 to assist pubs across the island of Ireland, to safely reopen and welcome back their customers. Any pub that registers with the programme can request a free reopening essentials kit, including 25L of hand sanitiser, serving trays, uniforms and take away cups.
Notes to Editor
Covid Venues App provides:
- A free digital contact tracing system worth £150
- A package of bespoke QR code posters/stickers for customers to scan with their phone when registering their attendance at your venue
- Option to include your menus on the app for your customers
- Monitored Support for 12 months